Confidentiality and security of your personal data are important to us. We are committed to offering you personalized services while respecting your privacy and choices.
For a Bahasa Malaysia translation, please click here. In the event of any conflict, the English version prevails.
In this Policy you will find information on:
- Who we are
- What data we can collect about you
- How we collect or receive your data
- For what purposes we use it
- How long we can keep it
- Who can access your data
- How we protect it and keep it confidential
- How we address cross-border protection
- How we address consumer preferences and individual rights;
- How we protect children’s privacy
The management of cookies on dior.com website
WHO are we?
When we say "Dior", "us", "our" or "we", we refer to LVMH Perfumes And Cosmetics (Malaysia) Sdn. Bhd., a limited company governed by Malaysian law whose registered office is at 12th Floor, Menara Symphony, No. 5, Jalan Prof. Khoo Kay Kim, Seksyen 13, 46200 Petaling Jaya, Selangor, registered with the Companies Commission Malaysia with the company registration number 199401013101 (298780-T), and each of our respective related corporations (as the term is defined in the Companies Act 2016), affiliates and associated companies (including The House of Christian Dior Couture and The House of Parfums Christian Dior).
We are the data user under the Malaysian Personal Data Protection Act 2010 with regard to the processing of your personal data (hereinafter "PDPA").
WHAT data may we collect about you?
"Personal data" means any information that could identify you either directly (e.g. your name) or indirectly (e.g. through a unique client ID number).
The personal data we collect depends upon the touchpoint of our interaction, and is also limited to that which is relevant and appropriate for the interaction. Website visitors who browse Dior.com and view our products, information and offerings can choose to do so without identifying themselves, and the same applies to in-store and social media browsing. Unless you choose to interact with us via those touchpoints, such as by making a purchase on our site, signing up for one of our programs or services, or posting a comment or a like online, our data collection is limited to the use of ‘cookies’ for website visitors.
For customers and other individuals who sign up for programs or services, we must collect certain relevant information from you. The information we collect is related to the particular transaction as well as our overall relationship with you. For example, if you make purchases from Dior.com or in our stores, we must collect information to process (and, if relevant, fulfill and ship) your order. For customers and other individuals who sign up for our programs or services, we generally collect your contact details, contact preferences, and information
that will allow us to make recommendations to you about our products or services that may be of interest. We may centralize the information pertaining to our customers so that we have it organized in one place, as this helps
us manage our relationship with you as well as your choices and preferences.
Depending on the data you provide or share with us, the type of personal data that we may collect and process may include information related to:
- Your identity (e.g. name, age, gender, date of birth, citizenship, nationality, race, identification card /
- passport details) and your contact details (e.g. email address, phone number)
- Your interests and personal preferences
- Your purchases (in store or online, including your orders, tracking numbers and your purchase invoices, the amount and type of your purchase)
- Payment information such as information in relation to your credit card, debit card and/or other payment details
- Your online journeys with us (e.g. when you are using dior.com, our official social media pages, our partner websites and databases), specifically information ascertained about you (e.g. your profile picture,
- photos, likes, location and friend list)
- Your requests or information which you have communicated through our customer department or our public relations department (whether in written or verbal form) or provided by you in connection with your interaction with us
- The Dior events you attend
- Specific health data (e.g. skin and physical condition) if you notify us of any undesirable side-effects concerning any of our products
- Any such information as we deem necessary or appropriate from time to time in connection with your dealings and/or relationships with us
- Publicly available or publicly accessible information
Regarding your purchases, your bank details are encrypted through Dior servers. Payments are made via a secure payment platform PCI-DSS certified, supplemented by control measures, to ensure the security of purchases made and to fight against fraud.
The personal data essential to Dior is indicated by an asterisk on each personal data collection form and it is obligatory for you to provide us with the requested information. If you do not provide the data marked with an asterisk, this may affect our ability to provide you with the requested products and/or services and our ability to enter into the necessary agreement in relation to the provision of our products and/or services to you. Other information is optional and allows us to know you better and to improve our communications and services to you. Failure to agree for us to process your personal data for marketing purposes will result in us and/or our selected authorised third parties from becoming unable to send you information by e-mail, mail, telecommunication means (telephone calls, SMS, MMS) concerning related and unrelated products and services by us and our affiliated business partners which we consider will or may interest you.
We invite you to keep us regularly informed in writing of any change in your contact details by contacting us using the details provided under the section titled "Contact Us" below.
HOW do we collect or receive your personal data?
As part of our relationships, we may collect certain data via the following touchpoints:
- when you are using Dior.com, specifically when you register an account with us, and/or purchase products through our website and/or interact with us through our website
- when you visit us through our physical stores or counters (including our corners and boutiques in department stores)
- when you attend Dior events
- when you engage or contact with our Public Relations Department or Customer Department
- when you fill in and/or complete our forms (in store or online)
- when you use our digital apps
- when you participate any relational program in relation to us which you benefit from
- when you visit Dior social media pages (including your comment/like)
- your social media pages on which you post Dior content or comments
- when you click on Digital Media Advertising which is relevant to Dior
- when you click on Search Engines Paid Advertising which is relevant to Dior
- when you share information with third party data providers
- you consent to receiving our communications (through email, telecommunication means (such as SMS, MMS), mail or social media platforms)
- when you participate and/or answer our surveys or satisfaction questionnaire
To the extent that you disclose to us any personal data of another individual, we shall assume, without independent verification, that you have obtained such individual's consent for the disclosure of such personal data as well as the processing of the same in accordance with the terms of this Policy.
FOR WHAT PURPOSES are your data used by Dior?
As part of our relationship, we will use your personal data that you have provided to us for various purposes, including but not limited to:
- manage your orders
- manage the personalized content and communications with Dior (digital or otherwise)
- manage your account and profile
- manage your relational program
- manage your requests or any complaints with Dior that you may send us via our website, our customer services department or on our social media pages
- manage Dior events which you register for / attend
- manage alerts you send us as part of our cosmetovigilance obligations (if any)
- manage our website and our digital apps
- manage and improve our products and services, image and reputation.
- manage payments (securisation of online transactions, fraud prevention, payment incidents and debt collection)
- manage our tailored services (such as your beauty consultation services with us)
- manage your browsing via cookies
- manage your access to your customer account, processing and tracking your orders compliance with legal obligation or is required by law (e.g. retention of purchase invoices, cosmetovigilance for our products)
- improve our products and services, prevent fraud, secure our tools or tailor our communications management of our marketing purposes, the use of your personal data for purposes of research
- send you information concerning our offers, news and events fulfil any purpose directly related to the above purposes
FOR HOW LONG may we keep it?
We will not retain personal data longer than is necessary for it to comply with its legal obligations. We only keep your personal data for as long as we need it to reach the purpose pursued, to meet your needs, or to comply with
our legal or business obligations.
As a general principle, your personal data will be retained in our client database:
- If you are a “client” (i.e. you have already purchased a Dior product): for no more than 10 years after your first purchase for customer relationship management, but no more than 5 years for business development; this period will be renewed each time you interact with Dior (e.g. a purchase)
- If you are a “prospective client” (i.e. you have never purchased a Dior product but you are interested in Dior brand): for no more than 3 years; this period will be renewed each time you interact with Dior (e.g. when participating in an event)
- If you are in contact with the Public Relations department: for no more than 10 years after initial contact; this period will be renewed each time you interact with Dior (e.g. when requesting information from us)
Where cookies are placed on your computer, we shall keep them for no more than 13 months.
When we no longer need to use your personal data, it is removed from our systems and records or anonymised so that you can no longer be identified from it.
WHO may access your data?
Your data are for Dior services dealing with your requests. We ensure that only duly authorised persons can access your personal data when necessary for the above-mentioned purposes.
We do not give your data to third parties unless you have consented for us to do so or it is legally permissible by the laws. We may also disclose data pertaining to you to third parties in order to comply with legal, regulatory, or conventional obligations, or in response to requests from legally competent authorities.
We communicate your information only where necessary, and if possible in a form that does not allow a direct identification to the following persons:
- any of our related and associated companies, affiliates and subsidiaries, including any other Dior entity and any entities within the LVMH Group
- Our trusted third-party suppliers, including other entities of the LVMH group, acting as processors according to our instructions and solely on our behalf.
- For example, we entrust certain services to third parties in charge of managing cosmestic vigilance alerts, third parties who assist us in the organisation of our events, third parties providing IT services, digital communication and public relations agencies, third parties who assist us with customer service and logistics services.
- Department stores in which you buy our products
- Our trusted third-party partners, vendors, service providers, agents, contractors and sub-contractors. For example, logistics service providers (including those who assisting us in the management of your orders.
- In particular, we entrust certain services to third parties in charge of delivering you a product), payment service providers, providers securing transactions against fraud, marketing solutions service providers,
- marketing and commercial prospection management service providers via social media, customer service providers, event organisation service providers and our auditors, consultants, accountants,lawyers or other financial or professional advisers.
Please note that these partners may act as data controller; in such case, they have their own privacy policies.
- Third parties in the event of a change of control, for legal reasons, or with your prior consent
You may also choose to disclose your personal data to our partners, advertisers or affiliates by following a link to and from their websites. Please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we have no
control over how they may use your personal data.
We may also offer you the opportunity to use your social media login. Please be aware that in this case you are sharing your profile information with us. The personal data shared depends on your social media platform settings. Please note that these social networks have their own privacy policies.
HOW do we protect it and keep it confidential?
We have adopted reasonable and appropriate precautions to protect your data from loss, misuse, alteration, destruction or access by unauthorised third parties.
We also require by our partners and group companies to uphold a similar level of protection for your data. The measures are evaluated and updated to address new threats and challenges, as well as new legal requirements in the countries where we operate.
HOW do we address cross-border protections?
Because Dior operates in many countries across the world, some of your data may be transferred to, processed, collected, accessible and/or stored outside of Malaysia. You should know that the data protection and security
requirements differ from place to place, and may not offer the same level of protection as those in your home country. Nevertheless, Dior and our group companies have taken steps to ensure an adequate level of protection
of your data irrespective of where it is located, such as by using data transfer methods approved by the European Commission (where the data protection laws are considered to be the strongest worldwide). We also require our
third-party partners to fulfill applicable data transfer obligations in relation to the personal data that they receive on our behalf.
How are consumer preferences and individual rights addressed?
In accordance with applicable laws and requirements, Dior and its group companies have put in place measures to fulfill the rights of individuals in relation to the personal data that we (or our third parties) hold about them as
required under the PDPA. This includes the following:
- The right to be informed: you have the right to obtain clear, transparent and easily understandable information about how we use your personal data, and your rights. You will find all this information in this Policy.
- The right of access: you have the right to know about the data we hold about you or to obtain a copy
- The right to request for correction / rectification: you have the right to have your personal data rectified if it is incorrect or outdated and / or completed if it is incomplete
- The right to withdraw or limit the processing of your data: you can limit or withdraw your consent to our processing of your data when such processing is based on consent.
- The right to object to direct marketing: you can unsubscribe or opt out of our direct marketing communication at any time. You are able to do so by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in any email or communication we send you. You are also able to request to receive non-personalised communications about our products and services.
We encourage individuals who have entrusted their data to us to keep it current (such as if you change your email address, address or phone number), so that we have your correct information on file. We also encourage consumers to update their preferences with us, such as in relation to products and the frequency of contacts, so that we can personalize our service to your expectations and needs. Finally, we offer individuals the right to withdraw consent from our programs and offerings at any time. To do so, or to exercise any of these other rights, please contact us using the details provided under the section titled "Contact Us" below. For individuals seeking access to their data, we also require authentication to ensure that we are not providing personal data to an unauthorized person. In withdrawing or limiting your consent to the processing of your personal data, the consequences described in section titled "HOW do we collect or receive your data?" will apply. We will inform you of the consequences in further detail depending on the nature of your request. To this end, we may require proof of your identity and full details of your request before we process it.
How does Dior protect children's privacy?
Dior has adopted practices that are designed to ensure that we do not to collect or maintain any information from children under the age of 18. If we learn that we mistakenly collected any information from anyone under the age of 18, we will purge it immediately, unless consent of his/her parent or legal guardian have been obtained.
If you have any questions or concerns about how we process and use your personal data, or would like to exercise any of your rights above, please contact us by calling our Customer Department at 1300 22 88 66, sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or reach out to us via the form on shop.dior.com.my available at https://shop.dior.com.my/pages/contact-us.
INFORMATION ABOUT COOKIE MANAGEMENT
This section presents our policy for managing cookies on the dior.com website. It aims to explain where the browsing information processed when you visit our website comes from, how it is used, and your rights.
WHAT IS A COOKIE?
When you visit our website, we might, depending on the choices you make, store a text file on your device (computer, smartphone, tablet, etc.) through your web browser.
This text file is a cookie. For as long as it is valid and stored on your device, it will enable Dior to identify your device when you visit the website in the future.
Only the issuer of a cookie can read or modify information stored in it.
Below you will find information on the cookies that might be stored on your device when you visit pages on the dior.com website, either by Dior or by third parties, and how you can delete cookies or refuse to allow them to be
stored on your device.
WHAT IS THE PURPOSE OF THE COOKIES ISSUED ON DIOR.COM?
There are several categories of cookie. Some of them are issued directly by Dior and its providers, and some are issued by third-party companies.
- The cookies issued by Dior and its providers
Various types of cookie might be stored on your device when you browse our website:
The "essential" cookies are essential for browsing our website, including to ensure that the ordering process runs smoothly. If you delete them it can cause difficulties when browsing our website and make it impossible to place an order. They might be stored on your device by Dior or by its providers.
"Analytical and Personalization" cookies not essential for browsing our website but making it easier for you to conduct searches, optimizing your buying experience.
"Advertising" cookies, not essential for browsing but allowing you a more relevant advertising offer.
If your device is used by several people and if one device uses several web browsers, we cannot be certain that the services and adverts delivered to your device are determined based on your use of the device and not on that
of another user. It is your decision and responsibility whether you share use of your device and configuration of your web browser’s cookie settings with other people.
- Cookies issued by third-party companies
Cookies are issued and used by third parties on our website in accordance with these third parties’ privacy protection policies. These cookies are not essential for browsing our website.
We might include cookies on our website applications produced by third parties, which enable you to share our site content with other people or to tell other people what content you have been browsing or your opinions of it. This is true of the “Share” and “Like” buttons for social networks like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and Pinterest.
MANAGING THE COOKIES STORED ON YOUR DEVICE
You can decide whether cookies are stored on your device through the cookie setting tool available by clicking here, in the cookie banner or in the footer on dior.com
You can also configure your web browser as you wish, so that cookies are accepted and stored on your device, or conversely blocked.
The configuration process is different for each web browser. It is usually described in the browser’s help menu. We urge you to find out how to configure your browser. This will allow you to find out how to change your cookie preferences.
- For Internet Explorer™: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies
- For Safari: https://support.apple.com/kb/PH19214?locale=fr_FR&viewlocale=en_US
- For Chrome: https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en&hlrm=en
- For Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences
- For Opera™: http://help.opera.com/Windows/10.20/en/cookies.html
Please note: any changes you make to your web browser’s cookie acceptance or blocking settings may change your web browsing experience and the process of accessing services that require the use of these cookies. For example, if you block essential cookies you might no longer be able to place orders on our website.
WHAT IS THE BENEFIT OF SEEING SPECIAL OFFERS AND ADVERTISING TAILORED TO YOUR BROWSING PREFERENCES?
The aim is to show you the most relevant offers and advertising. As such, cookie technology enables us to display content, in real-time, that is best suited to your fields of interest, as deduced from your browsing history on our website.
The interest you show in content displayed on your terminal when you consult a website often determines the advertising resources of this site, enabling it to provide its services, which are often supplied free of charge to users. You doubtless prefer to see offers and advertising that are relevant to you, rather than content that is of no interest to you at all. Similarly, both Dior and advertisers want their offers and advertising to be shown to Internet users that are likely to be interested in them.
In case of modification of this Policy, we will ensure that you are informed of these changes either by a special notice on our site, or by a personalised warning notably in the context of our newsletters.
Version updated on 28th Dec 2020.